Friday, April 6, 2007

Random Shots: All Alone At Work

  • Not to give anything away about my personal life, but the place I work is nothing but rows and rows of cubicles. We're not exactly stacked like cordwood, but there is a dreadful efficiency to the whole affair. When that system breaks down, it is often amusing, though of the head-shaking, world-weary sort. On the row to which I was recently moved and which has room for 15 people, there are three of us.

  • The other two are sick today.

  • So there is no one to watch me goof-off, at least not in any appreciable way. There is always the random, long distance surveillance to which we are all accustomed, so I won't be using my computer for pirating any recent theatrical releases. But I do have the time to post my ponderings on this perfectly portentous... um, blog. Maybe I should try that again.

  • I did take the time to balance the ol' check book. It seems like a worky thing to do. If I'm going to work, I might as well get paid for doing so. I'll also pay bills here if I have the inclination and the cash, the latter being the important part. Debtors don't really care much about inclination. I once received a tersely worded letter from the cable company stating that they had to return my inclination as they could not accept it as payment, but would kindly send a pair of large, hairy men with limited vocabularies to help me produce an unreasonably required check. So much for thinking outside the box, guys.

  • When I really want to goof off, I usually troll my favorite web-comics and various computer game message boards. I'd list them here, but why deprive myself of a potential future blog post? Talk about your cliffhangers!

3 comments:

  1. It's best to balance the check book at work because then your wife is a safe distance away when you see just how much her retail therapy is costing you this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm feeling ill just reading that comment. Ooooo....

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can rest assured that I'm feeling much better. :-)

    ReplyDelete