Saturday, June 7, 2008

Played Lately: World of Warcraft

  • Haven't had much to say about WoW of lately, mostly because I haven't been spending much time in Azeroth. Mostly I've been logging on just long enough to say "Hi" to my friends and complete the daily fishing quest. All of that changed recently when I saw a recruiting post on the Draka server forum. Amazingly they both were looking for a mage (When does that ever happen?) and their raid times actually coincide with my schedule. So I went over to the guild webpage and filled out an application.

  • It wasn't very long, but it still took me two to three hours to complete. I really like the guild I was in and have some good friends there. I didn't want to give up on that lightly. Plus, joining a guild that is progressing in high level raids don't mess around all that much. I wasn't sure if I was up to the standard, or even if I wanted to try and put out that much effort. In the end I submitted it. And then I waited. Amazingly, I was offered a trial run in the guild. My friends sent me off with their blessing and I joined my new guild, Exile.

  • So far I've been to two raids, one into Tempest Keep and one to Gruul's Lair. In the first, though it took a few tries, we were able to take down the Void Reaver. At the second raid, we cleanly cut through the ogres to kill both High King Mauglar and Gruul the Dragonkiller. All of these were firsts for me, so it has been an exciting week. Looking at the statistics, I did not stand out from the crowd, but I was not left behind, either. I think I've made a good accounting for myself, especially in the boss fights as I was only ever killed by trash mobs in both raids.

  • So despite my hesitation, I have enjoyed moving to the new guild and I look forward to seeing what we can accomplish in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment