Friday, August 28, 2009

Played Lately: Champions Online

  • It's fifteen minutes to launch as I type these words. I took the day off work today because I wanted to be here for the event. With my lifetime subscription in hand (which I finally told my beautiful and understanding wife about), I am eagerly awaiting the start of Champions Online.

  • This is one of the most magical times in an MMO. I'll be creating a character that I'll journey with for several months or years. I'll be making friends (and enemies) with players from around the world who have all come together for the same experience. I'll get to explore a world that hasn't been documented to death on a wiki or spoiler site. And I'll get to see the game at its start, then experience how it grows over time.

  • I rarely make an event of a new game launch. Waiting in line for The Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King stand out. And I was there for the first day of Warhammer Online. Well, two hits out of three isn't bad.

  • I'll be talking a lot about the game, I suspect. Unless I hate it and I sell my account. Like I said earlier, there is too much good stuff to talk about to dwell on the bad. I'd rather be a positive blogger like Yeebo Fernbottom than some others I won't mention.

  • Two minutes now. Can't wait to see you in game!



© 2009 Marty Runyon. All rights reserved.
If you're reading this on a site other than Bullet Points, be aware that this post has been stolen and is used without permission.

3 comments:

  1. I played a ton during the open beta, knew what I wanted to start with, and it still took me about 35 mins! Like you said, this is a character that I am going to be playing for awhile, so he's got to look good!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope to see you in game, are you going to publish your account?

    BTW, Can we get a transcript of how the conversation with your wife went? I haven't told mine yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Jayedub - I was very happy that the costumes from open beta could reused here. It saved a lot of heartache.

    @ Blue Kae - Went a little like this:

    Me: Remember how Champions ran out of lifetime subscriptions. They just decided to reopen them.

    Her: Are you going to get one?

    Me (sheepishly): I already did.

    Her: That's okay. I just bought a bunch of clothes.

    She's so awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete