Thursday, October 1, 2009

Played Lately: Champions Online

  • Did I mention recently that I stopped playing my main character, Arcfire, recently? I don't think so, and I've written too damn many posts about Champions to look through them all. Anyway when Arcfire hit level 29, I switched to an alt. I had done all the quests I could get my hands on, up to, but not including, the Crisis On Monster Island. Since level 30 is where the Great Content Gap occurs, I decided to avoid it entirely until Cryptic put in a fix. Wednesday's patch looks to have done the trick, so I'd better write about White Witch while I have a chance.

  • First off, I'd appreciate you not giving me crap about my bad character names. I saw a guy named Spidermann last night, so I am definitely not the worst.


  • White Witch was rolled up in an effort to try something completely different. She is primarily a Telekinetic, which makes her a melee fighter of all things. But she's a melee fighter with psychic swords and that makes her awesome. I sprang for the upgraded block and Regeneration since they make the experience so much more bearable.

  • I also decided to try out a different travel power. This time it's the PvPers' favorite, Teleportation. This has to be the strangest thing I've seen. Your character phases out of the real world and into this phase space where you fly superfast for several seconds, then you're shoved back into the real world. From the outside, it would look like someone disappearing in one place and reappearing somewhere else. From the player's side, it feels like short bursts of flight where you don't have to deal with anti-aircraft guns. Teleporting is not so useful for AFKing like flight is, so I'll probably pick that up as my secondary travel power when I hit level 35.

  • Since I'm making plans on what I'll be doing at level 35, I assume this alt will be around for awhile.

  • Sadly, I haven't been playing as much as I might want. I can't even blame Warhammer Online this time. Instead I've been doing a lot of reading, so look forward to more book reviews over the next couple weeks.


© 2009 Marty Runyon. All rights reserved.
If you're reading this on a site other than Bullet Points, be aware that this post has been stolen and is used without permission.

2 comments:

  1. On the topic of character names, I'm a pretty critical person, but I think Arcfire and White Witch sound completely fine. At least you are using proper spelling and case.

    I've seen some heroes with spaces removed but with mixed case and some with numbers in their names. I'd always assumed that people did that because of a naming collision, but apparently they're just idiots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Blue Kae - Ah yes, idiots do abound. I'm glad most of the people I've run into are more creative though. Most or them anyway.

    ReplyDelete