Sunday, November 15, 2009

Random Shots: Many, Many Things

  • As I write this, my computer is in the midst of recovering from a reformat-and-reinstall session. I finally got so fed up with the instability that I decided to start over. I guess this is my way of keeping the beast in its place. Unfortunately the joke is on me because getting my MMOs back up to spec has been torture.

  • The one MMO I want to spend a little time with, once this self-inflicted fiasco is over with, is Lord of the Rings Online. LotRO is in the middle of yet another free-to-play weekend. As I mentioned in a previous post, I'm trying to decide whether to resubscribe now that the epic quest line will be made fully soloable. On top of that, there is the deal to get Siege of Mirkwood along with a multi-month subscription. I rolled a new Warden (the best class ever) on the Landroval server named Ashlynh. Look me up if you want to spend time with a perpetual LotRO newbie.

  • On a completely different front, I'm finally approaching the end of Pangya: Fantasy Golf on the PSP. I'm just eighteen holes away from winning every tournament in the game. Of course, those are the hardest, most competitive eighteen holes, but it shouldn't take me more than a couple tries. I rarely finish games, so the fact that something like a golf game has held my attention for so long is amazing to me.

  • I also completed the main story dungeon in Torchlight. It's not a game that's meant to be played over eighty to a hundred hours like some monsters, which makes it perfect for me. The real longevity will come from the alternate dungeon that opens up and from the modding community. I even downloaded a copy of TorchED myself to give it a try. Don't count on anything astonishing from the Bullet Points Mod Department just yet. But I would like to get my own story into the game somehow.

  • Finally, NaNoWriMo has kept me excited and flustered all at once. I'll probably break ten thousand words by the end of the month, which would be great for me. As long as I have a firm foundation, I'll be able to see it through to the end. It may not be the letter of the law in NaNo, but I think the spirit is still there.

  • So enough about me, what have all you been up to while I was away?

No comments:

Post a Comment