Monday, October 17, 2011

Listened Lately: I Come To Shanghai, Eternal Life Vol. 1

  • Although it was released back in July, I hadn't taken the time to sit down and listen to the new album from I Come To Shanghai. All of the usual excuses apply. But they all break down to "I'm stupid" because this is an amazing follow up to their debut.

  • Eternal Life, Vol 1. lasts only twenty two minutes, with nine songs shoved into three tracks, but it is mesmerizing from start to finish. It is much more conspicuously electronic than the first album, but it is never gaudy or overbearing. The lyrics are just as askew as you would want.

  • The album is free to download, but Sam and Robert really deserve your cash. I paid because I want to encourage creative people to be creative.


© 2011 Marty Runyon. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment