Friday, October 21, 2011

News Filter: Mists Of Pandaria Officially New WoW Expansion

  • As has been expected for the last two months, Blizzard has officially announced that Mists of Pandaria is the next expansion for World of Warcraft.

  • Let's get this out of the way first: wow, I was really, really wrong about that. Oops. Even more hilarious, I completely blew it when I tried to prognasticate how Blizzard my handle new races or classes. Double oops. I suppose this shows why I'm a blogger and not a psychic.

  • From MMO-Champion, here is the list of features for the expansion, along with my commentary:

    • Level cap raised to 90 - Five levels seems like the norm after Cataclysm, so no surprises here.

    • New Class: Monk - I really wanted a Brewmaster, but monk sounds to be very interesting. Curious to see where it falls on the tank/healer/DPS spectrum.

    • New Race: Pandarens - For both factions??? That is crazy awesome.

    • PvE Scenarios - Huh?

    • Pet Battle System - Using non-combat pets? I image that MMO Gamer Chick will have a huge advantage if that is the case.

    • New Talents - There is an entire panel dedicated to this update, so I'm reserving judgment until then. But so far it sounds like a huge change.

    • New continent - If anything, this was the least surprising announcement.

    • Challenge Mode Dungeons - Huh? part two.


© 2011 Marty Runyon. All rights reserved.

1 comment:

  1. I'll admit, all this pet talk has me itching to go back to WoW, just to work on my collection. It's such a dumb reason, but there you go. Even looking at warcraftpets.com just now, I can't believe there have been so many new additions and I feel myself yearning for them.

    I'm obviously not going to go back just for that, but it made me realize I'm still so addicted to pets.

    ReplyDelete