Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Random Shots: Hope Spring Eternal

  • Wilhelm Arcturus, the eponymous Noob of Gaming, Ancient division, just reminded me that all is not lost in the MMO gaming scene. SOE Live is rushing upon us and with it, a first real look at Everquest Next.

  • Unlike Wilhelm, I don't have a lot of hope, dreams, fears, or anxieties about EQNext. Possibly because I have given absolutely zero consideration to the game. And since there is no news, speculation about it is the very definition of meaningless.

  • Nonetheless, I can't help but get excited that something new is about to appear. My black heart wants to tell me it will suck. But I'll still be watching along with everyone else to see what's next.

  • I almost capitalized "next in that last sentence. I'm trembling to think I wandered so near the precipice.

© 2013 Marty Runyon. All rights reserved.

2 comments:

  1. Do you really think that the MMO gaming scene is that lost? I kind of like where MMO's are today. I think MMO's have come a long way over the past ten years. The problem is that WoW became so popular causing the genre become convoluted with clones.

    I've read little about EQN, but I wonder if it will be to EQ2 as EQ2 was to the original EQ.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that MMOs have stopped taking chances. It's just another game genre now, as stagnant as first person shooters. That's not to say there aren't good MMOs, but it is hard to get excited about them.

      Nonetheless, maybe EQN will do something to pierce my cynical facade. I hope?

      Delete